September, 2008: The Red Stripy Bustle
While I'd had the undies sewn for a while, the dress itself I did in three days. I wanted something bright for Saloncon, and this definitely qualifies.
December, 2008: Revolution in a Week
Basically, the only parts of this I didn't make in a one week rush were my shoes, stockings, and hat blank. Upon extended wearing I've decided the front of my half-boned stays need to be recut, because currently they're a bit too short and wide across the bust. But that's for later.
And for 2009, I have quite the list.
- 1560s Teal Venetian
- Catherine-Charlotte de Gramont, Princess of Monaco(1660s), for charlesii. I plan to get this done for Costume Con in May.
- 1775 Pink Brocade Caraco
- 1780s Chemise à la Reine
- 1791 Purple Sari Pierrot Jacket and Skirt
- 1844 Grey and Lavender Plaid, for the Poe Bicentennial events this month.
- 1872 Watteau Bustle Gown
- 1874 Light Blue Evening Gown (left)
- 1875 Winter Striped Walking Suit
- 1920s Print Silk Dress, adaptation
I have ideas for a few more things, and I need at least one Vampires, Villains and Vixens outfit, but this is most definitely enough for the first half of 2009.